Thursday, January 22, 2009

Learning to Ski

Troy is an amazing skiier. I on the other hand am not. I have only been a few times and I've never really liked it. Probably because when you go with an amazing skiier they don't always realize that not everyone is as good as them. Troy taught Carston a couple of years ago and he is getting pretty good. This year Troy wanted to teach Dax, so I decided if everyone in my family is going to be skiiers, I might as well learn to like it. We went night skiing at Wolf Mt. a couple of weeks ago and then went to Snowbasin last Monday when the kids were out of school. Drum roll please.....I had so much fun. Especially at Snowbasin because it was such a warm day. I just stayed on the bunny hill with the kids and I even got to the point where I felt comfortable helping Dax while Troy went and skiied a few bigger runs. Hopefully I can get good enough to keep up with everyone when the kids get older and want to go on the real hills!
Dax showing off his stuff. He did really good and he loved it! The kid has no fear. He wasn't in to turning much, he loved to just fly straight down as fast as he could go.
Riding up on the ski lift
(I was so scared I had to shut my eyes ha ha) Carston and his cousins Porter and Jace

5 comments:

DeAnna said...

It's funny...I always thought that you loved skiing, like didn't your family used to go for family night? I haven't been for so long! Jason refuses to go because he is pretty sure he would like it and feels like he has plenty of expensive hobbies already. :) I'm still hoping to talk him into it someday! You all look so cute!

Kari said...

Glad to see Dax in his own "boy" coat and not some ladies! Ha Ha You should add that story to this post! It's a good one!

Steph said...

We're the exact same.. but I'm not really looking forward to liking it any time soon.. I'm sure when Mitch starts teaching Jayci, I'll make an effort. Good for you, it did look like you guys had a fun day!

lhhadley said...

Such a fun thing to do as a family. Landon has never been, and I have been once and hated it. Count us in if you ever want to go waterskiing though:)

Cody and Sharice said...

So fun, I love skiing, I am so jealous!! That is awesome you went, I am so proud of you!!!